What’s In This Article?
If you have a good vacuum cleaner, you will only need to properly clean your carpet occasionally. If you are finding that your carpet needs cleaning more regularly, you may want to replace your vacuum, in which case you could go to All Great Vacuums for vacuum cleaner reviews. After all, if you’re buying a new one you want it to be efficient.
But even with the best vacuum, you will still need to give your carpet a deep clean from time to time. Traditional cleaning tips for carpet can be really nasty for the home environment. Some types of carpet cleaning use chemicals that are known to be toxic agents; these chemicals can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, and central nervous system. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, they may even be carcinogenic and against the concept of going green. Aside from the damage they cause to humans, they also pollute the water supply with chemical run-off. Yet amazingly, they are still widely used by some carpet cleaning companies.
However, for those who are interested in staying safe, healthy, and non-toxic, there are ways you can keep your carpet clean without leaving a trail of toxic destruction.
Here Are Best Eco-Friendly Cleaning Tips For Carpet
1. Organic Carpet Shampoos (Best Cleaning tips for carpet)
One solution is to use an organic carpet shampoo. If you use a cleaning service which includes carpet cleaning in Phoenix, it’s likely that the professionals doing the clean will offer an organic carpet shampoo option when cleaning your carpets, or alterntivately, you can rent the equipment and clean the carpet yourself with the organic shampoo. With these shampoos, you don’t have to worry about kids, pets or people with asthma. You can also choose an organic shampoo that comes in biodegradable packaging so that you minimize the impact on the earth. Lots of companies sell these products online, and many carpet cleaning services use them as well. Perhaps you can even ask your regular carpet cleaning company to use organic products the next time they come to your house. You might be surprised at how willing they are to oblige. After-all, they want to have happy customers. This cleaning tips for carpet will help you to optimize eco-friendly.
2. A Home Remedy To Kill Odors
If some area of your carpet smells bad for any reason, there is a simple home remedy that you can implement yourself, without needing to buy a carpet deodorizer.
- All you need is a little bit of baking powder.
- Simply sprinkle the stinky area with baking powder, leave it there for 20 minutes,
- And then vacuum it. If you don’t already own a vacuum cleaner, check out these product reviews to help you decide which one to buy.
- This cleaning tip for carpets is commonly used to clean up vomit stains, but it works well for any kind of carpet odor.
- It’s safe and easy, and it doesn’t harm your carpet at all.
3. All-Natural Stain Cleaner
You can remove some stains using nothing more than warm water and vinegar.
- Mix together 1 cup of warm water and 1 cup of vinegar
- And then pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray the stain well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then, take a damp cloth and rub it out.
- Some stains are really stubborn, so if it doesn’t work the first time, give it a second try. It can be concluded most popular cleaning tips for carpet.
One more environmentally friendly home remedy that can be used to remove stains is salt and club soda. Crush salt and club soda together, add to the stained area and let it sit for an hour before you vacuum. This is a common old home remedy.
4. Maintenance Keeps Cleaning Costs Down (Popular Cleaning tips for carpet)
A simple way to cut down on your carpet cleaning is to vacuum often. If you vacuum frequently, this will get rid of particles of dust and debris before they get ground into the carpet fibers. This will help reduce the need for deep carpet cleaning and most common cleaning tips for carpet.
5. Check The Carpet Cleaner’s Green Credentials
Eco-cleaning is a growing trend as we all become more environmentally conscious. Many companies are going green to meet this demand. Unfortunately, there are some less than scrupulous companies out there posing as eco-cleaners, when really they’re using the toxic stuff. So when you hire a cleaning company, you may want to check out their cleaning supplies yourself to make sure that it’s all non-toxic. Also ask them to show you some type of certification that guarantees their service is environmentally sound. Get to know a few of the major organizations that certify cleaners so that you’ll know it’s legitimate. If you would like to learn more about a cleaning company, you can get in touch with this Rug Cleaning Kew service or one in your local area.
Cleaning tips for carpet or Carpet cleaning doesn’t have to be a toxic nightmare for your family’s health and the environment. With a little bit of environmental awareness, you can have both clean carpets, a clean conscience, and a clean bill of health.